Monday, March 24, 2014

Blog Post 1

My class Object drawing of a pokeball

      I've always been a fan of pokemon so I tried m y best to put my own style into it. The communication is supposed to be about the video game franchise that has become super popular, pokemon. Ever since I was little I've played it, so when I got the chance to draw a pokeball, why not?
      I learned how to shade the picture to make a certain part look hollow. This was very new to me and I wasnt sure if it was really going to work. It was also kind of risky for me to draw the red light coming from the object, because I didnt know how it would really look.
      My friend convinced me to bring my item to school, so if it wasn't for her, I would've brought poptart. In terms of collaberation, yes, my friend is a fan of the pokemon franchise as well, and she helped me out with terms of color choice and shading.

One of the first art projects for my art class, a Zentangle including various video game references.
     This artwork is about me in the way that I've always been a fan of video games, and wanted to put it all onto a piece of paper. It is intended to show and make the viewer feel some sort of Nostalgia because most of the references are classic video games. This piece of art is my view of video games and tells alot about the kind of person that I am.
      In terms of collaboration, I had to ask my friends multiple times for ideas of video games to put into the picture. Most of my inspirations came from them. Without their help I definitely wouldn't have been able to come up with as many references in this picture.
      The issues I had mostly had to do with "Did it even look like a zentangle"?I wasn't sure about the theme choice and thought it was rather dumb, I would color things wrong out outline a circle very sloppy, and I would work around it. For me this was a bit risky since It doesn't necessarily look like a zentangle at first, but I made sure to add some patterns within other shapes inside the zentangle.

A 2-in-1 drawing, Frog and Man combined.
       For this drawing, I decided to use my own design of a frog and my own style.  Hopefully making it as original as I can, the only thing I looked up on the internet for reference was a blue frog, everything else was my own design. Some Ideas I used were inspiration off of movies made by Hayao Miyazaki, ex. Spirited Away, a movie that involves a lot of humanoid animals.
      I had to use a new technique of mixing marker, crayon, and color pencil. I learned how to shade in a different way and that using marker as a shade is very effective. At first i didn't know that this technique would work.
 This piece was not intended to say anything at the start, It was making a man and a frog. This artwork shows that my style may be different , including how I draw animals.Though I definitely was not sure if people would know that it was a frog,mostly because it might not look like one to other people.


No comments:

Post a Comment